I’m sweating bullets over here, because two lovely people–Fadwa at Word Wonders and Beth at Reading Every Night, both of whom you should follow immediately–nominated me for the Versatile and Creative Blogger awards (respectively*), and now I have to actually talk about myself, I don’t think I can do this, send help.
*Am I breaking some hallowed book-blogging tradition by pretending Beth didn’t also (kind of, technically, maybe) nominate me for the Versatile and Dragon Loyalty awards? Will wrathful bloggers be wrathfully commenting that I need to talk about myself even more?
Fadwa, Beth, thank you for the nomination! And I’m just kidding about not being able to talk about myself; I’m totally comfortable being in the spotlight, yep, ha ha.
Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person that has nominated you.
- Share 7 different facts about yourself .
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
Rules for The Creative Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
Twelve facts about me, coming right up.
1. I’m one of those short people who thinks they’re taller than they really are. You’ll definitely see me ducking to pass under, like, tree branches that clear my head by inches.
2. My all-time favorite animes are Hellsing, Darker than Black, and Witch Hunter Robin, but I haven’t rewatched any of them in years. Someone take my books away for a week so I can do that. (Just kidding, don’t even try.)
3. I’m a lifelong horse-person (thanks, Mom!), and it affects my driving in ways I’m sure other horse-people will understand. For example: without fail, I’ll feel a quick stab of concern that my car will stumble when I approach rough road too fast, and I’ll try to gauge the correct jumping distance when approaching railroad tracks.
4. But when someone else is driving and we’re swooping along a giant curving overpass, I’ll pretend I’m flying on a dragon, because apparently I’m eleven years old and still not over the fact that I won’t Impress my own bronze or brown.
5. I grew up assuming I’d get a doctorate and become a professor, like my dad. But professors do this thing called standing in front of hordes of beady-eyed strangers and talking for hours every day, and ha ha ha ha. No.
6. My favorite number is six, and even though I’m not superstitious, I look for sixes everywhere. Getting a new ceiling fan? Gotta have six blades. Scheduling an important event? You can bet it’ll be in June or on a 6th or at 6:00 (if I can help it).
7. I used to be fluent-ish in French, but it’s been a decade since I used it; I’d really like to pick it back up again. Other languages I want to learn: Arabic and Turkish.
8. My absolute favorite song is The Mark Has Been Made by Nine Inch Nails. And if you’re going to listen to it, please for the love of whatever you find holy, put your headphones on first. Measly laptop speakers will butcher it, and I will know, and I will cry.
9. My husband and I have developed an extensive repertoire of fist-bumps, high-fives, and handshakes. Yes, we will do them in public. No, we are not ashamed.
10. I’m obsessed with antique (flower-free) hurricane lamps. I want them. I want them all.
11. My typical outfit consists of skinny jeans, dress shoes, and a button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow. No, dressing like an adult has not stopped people from assuming I and my shortness are in high school.
12. I used to swear I’d always hate sushi, EDM, and waking up (approximately) with the sun. I won’t lie and say that I now wake up at dawn to eat sushi to the gentle strains of Bassnectar—but I totally would if my favorite sushi place was open that early.
All right, I know everyone’s already done these awards—most of you multiple times—so feel free to ignore my nominations. That said, I’m nominating:
- Bennett at Bennett North
- Gel at Geelinlovesconan
- Jorelene at Page Chronicles
- Kellie at Book Delights
- Kiwi at Kiwi Reads
- Lois at My Midnight Musing
- Melissa at In a Bookish World
- Milou at Simply a Book Drunkard
- Miriam Joy at Miriam Joy Reads
- Morgan at Bookenstein
- Paul at The Galaxial Word
- Rob at RKB Writes
- Sakina at A Forest of Books and Memories
- Stefanie at Your Daughter’s Bookshelf
- Vivian at Inked in Pages
And everyone should check those blogs out, because they’re all awesome, two thumbs up, will continue reading.
Fadwa, Beth, thanks again for the nomination!