That’s right, guys. Instead of completing the (approximately) thousand other awards I’ve been nominated for and have left languishing for (approximately) my entire life, I created my own award and nominated myself, and it feels great. Because if ever there’s a time I need to give myself a pat on the back, it’s when I’m ankle-deep in disaster and sinking fast.
(Mostly I just wanted to try finally my hand at aesthetic/mood boards, and see if I can con anyone else into getting excited about them with me.)
The Blogger Aesthetic Award
Bloggers are (let’s just be honest here) the absolute best. There’s so much diversity and personality and creativity in this community—and what better way to celebrate those things than by spending the next twelve hours of our lives hunting down and collaging the images that best reflect our individual awesomeness?
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
My aesthetic includes hands too tired to hold books up anymore, lazy affection 24/7, tiny illegible handwriting, and dapper shoes. What’s yours?
Everyone. All of you are nominated. But I’ll list some people anyway, as a good example. If you want your name on this list to make your nomination official, just let me know.
(And no, I’m not expecting anyone to actually do this. No pressure.)
Azia @ The Uncharted Word
Becca @ Becca & Books
Diana @ Diana Prince Reviews
Donna @ Chocolatenwaffles’ Blog
Fadwa @ Word Wonders
Jolien @ The Fictional Reader
Katherine @ Fabled Haven
Liz @ Cover to Cover
Melanie @ Mel to the Any
Morgan @ Backlist Babe
Orang-utan Librarian @ The Orang-utan Librarian
Reg @ She Latitude
Sara @ Freadom Library
Steph @ Lost: Purple Quill
Zezee @ Zezee with Books
And hey, look, I made these not-terribly-ugly things in case anyone wants them: