Instead of, you know, diligently snarking like a responsible person, I wasted a solid chunk of my life making character aesthetic/mood boards for our beloved protagonist Katy and that asshole Daemon. What do you think; have I captured them adequately?
1) Hair a baffling shade of light brown.
2) Internal complexity of an empty room.
3) No memory to speak of.
4) Amateur gardener.
5) Sometimes mutters the word “books” to convince readers that we have to like her because she’s just like us.
1) Sneering abusive chauvinist shit.
2) Definitely a space squid.
3) Brilliant luminous enchanting emerald eyes that gaze into your very soul.
5) TOO MANY ABS, OH MY GOD PUT SOME BACK.
Yep, nailed it.
In related news: I think I’m going to slow down this snark to two posts a week, Mondays and Fridays, and do something non-Obsidian-related on Wednesdays. Honestly, I was expecting this book to be more like Throne of Glass: an enjoyably frustrating romp that had as many lols as head-desks. Instead, Obsidian is grinding me into a fine, enraged dust.
And anyway, I don’t want my blog to be All Obsidian All The Time, because no. Just no.
So be patient with me while I figure out a new posting schedule for this disaster, and try to add some more zest into the blog otherwise.